250g plain flour + extra for dusting
3tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
100g white chocolate roughly chopped
1 large egg, beaten
100g granulated sugar
60g butter melted + extra tbsp for greasing
1. Grease a loaf tin sparingly with melted butter and dust with flour, shaking off the excess.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt – and make a well in the middle.
3. Mix milk, egg, and sugar together, then pour into the well.
4. Add the chocolate and raspberries and mix together all the ingredients. DO NOT over mix. Just give it four or five good mixes with a spatula to form a wet batter. It adds to the texture if it isn’t mixed together properly.
5. Pour into the prepared loaf tin, and put into a pre-heated oven (gas 4/180 ◦C/350 ◦F) for about 45 minutes to an hour – or when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Should be really golden and well-risen when ready.
6. Remove from oven but leave in tin to cool slightly (about 10-15 minutes), as the loaf will be delicate when hot. Turn out on to cooling rack and leave to cool. Really nice still warm with custard, or cold the next day with a cuppa.