Thursday 4 June 2009

My knitting obsession - update

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibres)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Recently, I've started knitting with a higher % of wool mix, but I will knit anything.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I'd like to, but can't.

3. Do you have any allergies? (Smoke, pets, fibres, perfume, etc.)
Only hayfever.

4. How long have you been knitting?
Since about 2006

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes of course.

6. What’s your favourite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla, ylang ylang, dragon’s blood, lemon, cinnamon, clove. In that order.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes I do, unfortunately.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I love making anything: writing, music, sewing, painting, drawing, cooking...

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I love all music, but I'm an indie kid at heart.

10. What’s your favourite colour? Or–do you have a colour family/season/palette you prefer? Any colours you just can’t stand?
Lately, purple.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Houseshare, no pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
Goodness me! To get a book published, to carry on working in my current job, to get more of my art exhibited, to get married (someday).

13. What is/are your favourite yarn/s to knit with?
Wendy fusion, and Sirdar escape; I also love anything chunky/bulky.

14. What fibres do you absolutely *not* like?
Eyelash sucks.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Blankets.

16. What is/are your favourite item/s to knit?
Toys on dpns. Love it.

17. What are you knitting right now?
Blankets for a den under my computer table. I'm such a kid.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
They're a bit last Tuesday.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular or dpns for me.

20. Bamboo, aluminium, plastic?
Metal is my fave, but I've just bought my first set of bamboos but not had a chance to try them out yet.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Life is too short to knit socks!

22. How did you learn to knit?
Inherited the knitting gene from my Mam, and taught myself (with help from my Mam).

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Months and months old!

24. What is your favourite animated character?
Spongebob Squarepants.

25. What is your favourite holiday?
Samhain.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Too many things!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Knitty.com, and I browse Ravelry daily.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
None at the moment.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven’t bought for one reason or another?
I get all mine from off of the internets. I am cheap.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like? Size 8. Cabled socks please.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails