Friday 24 September 2010

Folksy Friday *24th September 2010*

You may or may not know that I’m an Eye Health Promotion Officer and I work for for RNIB Cymru (that’s the Royal National Institute of Blind People in Wales). My job is to ensure that people go and have regular eye tests, especially children and young people. I go out to schools and demonstrate how to guide a blind or partially sighted person, and how we help people with sight problems. I’m always amazed at how few of the children have had a sight test. Sight tests for FREE for children of school age, totally free! They test for three things: Visual acuity, and if there is a need for glasses; that the eyes are developing properly; and they check for any underlying eye conditions. Half of all sight loss is preventable with early diagnosis. That’s right, half. Go and book yourself an eye test today. Tell them I sent you!

The theme this week is ‘eyes’.



Okay, from top left:
Cute steampunk glasses necklace
Fab eye test ring (it's called a Snellen chart, fact fans)
Beautiful and weird glass eye pendant
Art Deco-ish earrings (love this shop!)
Awesome sexy eyes wall decal, so 80s!
A gorgeous little stoneware owl, not strictly eye-related, but owls do have good eyesight! I desperately want one for my new garden, maybe as a Christmas present? (If any of my family or friends are reading this, that was a BIG HINT!)

Buy 'em quick before they go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great finds and a great theme :)

hello gorgeous said...

nice picks andrew ;o)

have been talking about eye tests with my son over the last week so, very apt!

hugs

hello gorgeous xxx

SteamPunkGlass said...

Great selection, thanks for including my glass pendant! So right about the eye tests too, I try not to miss any!

Unknown said...

Steampunk's pendant is gorgeous!! Fab other finds too.
I have my eye's checked every two years!
Gemxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails