Monday 21 April 2008

Two interviews: 2004 & 2008

This is an interview with me from 2004:

My name is… flashboy
The thing I love most about what I do is… being in charge of creating whole worlds
People might be surprised to know that I… prefer gentlemen to blondes
The most important thing I’ve learned is… there are evil people in the world
I wish when I started off I’d been told that… you should avoid them
The worst thing that ever happened to me was… realising a whole group of my friends were not friends
And what this taught me was… how to recognise the evil ones
The happiest moment of my life was… probably spent in a nightclub with people I love
The secret to happiness is… plenty of sleep and lots of water
I love… jelly sweets
My best ever outfit consisted of… big denim flares and a little black t-shirt
The soundtrack of my life would include… Suede’s first and second album, DJ Supreme – Wildchild, Poing ’98, Supergrass – Mansize Rooster, Stevie Wonder – Superstition, Moz, Manics, Kinky Boots, DJ Joe King, KLF, Sound of Music soundtrack, Kasey Junior from Dumbo, and loads of Scott Walker
If I was invisible for a day I’d… spy on people
The thing that makes me most angry is… stupid people
If I was the most powerful person on Earth I’d… not cope and have to go and lie down in a dark room
The best/worst thing about family is… they’re always there when you need them/don’t need them
When I’m gone they’ll probably say… isn’t it quiet now?
If money was no option I’d… buy everyone a present and myself a castle
When I retire I would like to… own a little tea shop
The world would be a much better place if… people only listened
My hero is… my Mam and Dad
The thing that makes my life worth living is… creating stuff
My greatest hope for the future is… a happy ending

I thought I’d interview myself again and see how the answers differed...

My name is… Andrew or Andy
The thing I love most about what I do is… In my job, I help people every day. In the rest of my life... the act of creation, material and abstract
People might be surprised to know that I… am on a diet
The most important thing I’ve learned is… make as many friends as you can
I wish when I started off I’d been told that… you should totally go for it, at any opportunity
The worst thing that ever happened to me was… doesn’t matter anymore, because it can’t hurt me anymore
And what this taught me was… to let it go
The happiest moment of my life was… over too quick
The secret to happiness is… be healthy and make friends
I love… pandas, lately
My best ever outfit consisted of… too much make up and not enough clothes
The soundtrack of my life would include… The Hidden Cameras, Suede, Bearsuit, The Loves, disco, musicals... ooh loads of stuff
If I was invisible for a day I’d… probably look at boys changing
The thing that makes me most angry is… far too many things make me angry: The Daily Mail, stupid people, cunts, Lloyds TSB, Deborah
If I was the most powerful person on Earth I’d… get rid of the above
The best/worst thing about family is… only families can get away with any of it!
When I’m gone they’ll probably say… what a grumpy old cunt
If money was no option I’d… adopt babies
When I retire I would like to… watch my grandkids grow up
The world would be a much better place if… there were better rules
My hero is… Derek Jarman
The thing that makes my life worth living is… friends, helping people, making things
My greatest hope for the future is… peace and quiet

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails