Sunday 24 January 2010

Thinking of quilting

I've inherited some lovely cotton material (2 sheets, and 2 pillowcases) from the 70s, after my Mamgu who died recently. The sheets are beige with orange and brown flowery tree branches on them, and little birds perching on the branches. Amazing! I've never quilted before and I don't want to mess up the sheets, so I'm going to practice on the pillowcases. One of my volunteers in work brought me in some lovely fluffy bath towels (bless her, I told her I'd just bought a futon for my study for when people stay over and she brought me in a bag full of things: a duver cover and pillowcase set, two bath towels, two hand towels and a toy dragon, or as she said to me "and a dragon, just for fun". What a lovely lady!)

The pillowcases don't have the birds on them, but they're still pretty.





What I was thinking of for the back was two more pillowcases that I got as part of a set from Ikea last year. They don't really match, but I quite like that.




I don't mind if this quilt goes wrong because it's a test one for me. If it works, great. If not, then I've not wasted too much fabric. I'm going to use the fluffy towels as batting (I read about that on a blog) because I don't want to use up the lovely big bit of fleece my Mam gave me.


Quilting, here I come.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails