Tuesday 23 August 2016

I got married!

On 12 August 2016, Christopher and I got married and became Mr & Mr Murphy-Williams! 





We got married at City Hall in Cardiff, which is 18 years younger than our house in Splott!


It was a tiny, but perfect wedding. We only had immediate family - not just because we wanted to keep the costs down, but because we only wanted the closest people to share our day. Getting married is quite an intimate thing, to us anyway - declaring our love and commitment to each other felt really special, so we had our specialest family around us!




Our lovely photographer, Emily Wells (http://www.emilywells.co.uk/) absolutely captured the day. These are just a few of the photographs. 







My Mam and Dad made the wooden hearts as name places, and they doubled as wedding favours too! I sang a song with my niece - a song I wrote for Chris two months after we met - all about proposing to someone... turned out pretty accurate :)

The reception at Cameo Wellfield Road was perfect. Chris and I eat there all the time anyway, the food is always superb, so when we were looking for a reception venue we popped in to see if they could accommodate us. I can't say enough good things about Cameo. The preparation was amazing, the service faultless, and the food? It was delicious! Everything we'd hoped for and more. Sally and her team were friendly, efficient and so enthusiastic! Honestly, I think they were as excited and Chris and I were. If you're thinking of somewhere for a small, perfect reception, then you can't get better than Cameo Wellfield Road (http://cameoclub.co.uk/wellfield-welcome/)

Or if you want a delicious breakfast, or lunch, or Sunday dinner! They also do great cocktails, and the wine is lovely too!




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails